Hocking Hills Trip Advisor Reviews
Family trip to Hocking Hills Have been to Hocking Hills once before an stayed at a couples getaway. This time brought 5 others including 3 teenage grandchildren. Wanted a weekend place that could accomadate 7 of us easily. We stayed at the Oakridge. It was perfect. Very clean, in the middle of beautiful scenery, plus a hot tub that 5 could use at one time. Wanted to take the kids zip lining and hiking through the Old Man’s Cave area. Everything worked out wonderful. The kids didn’t miss their ‘machines’. No internet, no WiFi. We played board games, laughed and had great fun.
Great get away in our little A frame Our little cabin was so perfect. All the comforts of home but more! The cabin was clean and well equipped. Just bring your food, charcoal and beach towels and you are set! The hiking was amazing and ending the day with a soak in the hot tub was fabulous.Recommend the zip lining and canoeing. No outdoor fires which kinda disappointing but We will be back
Lily Pad was awesome!!! We recently returned from our stay at Lily Pad and what can I say - the cabin was amazing! The cabin was clean, nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were large as were the bedrooms, the kitchen was stocked with the essentials and the living room had plenty of space to sprawl about.We loved having a pond right in our front yard; it was stocked with fish and we spent hours fishing in the morning and the evening. The view from the deck was also beautiful. I told my husband I think we found our home away from home, and we plan on coming back next year.My only complaint, and this is by no means the fault of Chalets in Hocking Hills, were our neighbors. On our last night there, both cabins on either side of us had parties. They had loud music going and their voices were very loud and carried across the property. At one point, they were yelling back and forth between each other. The party at Lakeview lasted well into the evening; my sons said they could still hear the music blaring and loud voices, from their bedroom, until 1:30 a.m. Had we not been leaving the next morning, I would have filed a report with the Chalets, as the rules specifically state no parties, loud music and to be mindful of the noise, especially after a certain hour. Again, this is not the Chalets fault, just an observation.We have stayed at other cabins in Hocking Hills in the past, but this is now the only place for us. It was a great place to come and unwind and relax before the guys go back to school. Overall, an awesome place to be!!
Awesome romantic getaway The Outback was the perfect fit for our getaway-secluded,quiet,clean. The hot tub was awesome after an active day of hiking, zip lining, etc. we will definitely be back and it was actually nice to be out of WiFi for 3 days. Life goes on people put your phones down
- This was our first trip to the area and first time we stayed at Old Man's Cave Chalets. We were very happy with our choice. The A-Frames are not secluded from each other, but private enough to not interfere with our spending the weekend of our first wedding anniversary. We brought both of our dogs; the only downfall is that there is an open doorway going off the back deck which made it difficult to confine our dogs without tying them. I would suggest taking a gate or something to place across the door if you have pets. Other than that, the A-Frame was spotlessly clean, very quiet inside, perfectly equipped with the necessary dishes, etc. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Concerning the open doorway off the deck, that's where the hot tub is and it is visible from the A-Frame next door. We had #11 which has nothing on that side but some kind of building for maintenance or something. But if you have a different one, you should bring a towel or something to hang across the doorway to provide privacy while on the deck or in the hot tub. There is a wide variety of attractions in the area to keep anyone in the family entertained. Definitely visit the many trails in the Hocking Hills State Park, all of which are relatively close by. I would definitely stay here again; well worth the cost.Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple-joroberts40
- My friends, husband and I stayed at the Oakridge cabin. It felt like home as soon as we walked in. No sterile hotel room feel. The cabin was clean, from the bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms to the porch. Hot tub was the cleanest I've ever seen (always leery about those). Staff was friendly, and the check in/check out process was a breeze. The only down side was that our particular bedroom didn't have a set of drawers to put our clothes in, stuff on top of, etc. We were essentially living out of our suit cases which were on the floor. Not too much of a hassle though. Enjoyed our stay! Will be back.Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends-864lori
Relaxed and loving it
- This was one of the best trips ever. Nice quiet kinda home away from home. Nice hideaway but close enough to home. Beautiful cabin nice and clean and quiet. Great shopping in the area. Great food. The front desk staff are very helpful and kind. Also the price was great.Room Tip: A frames are perfect for secret hideaways..Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple-marqjones
First family vacation since grandchildren
- We had perfect weather perfect, and accommodations for our first family vacation with four grandchildren under the age of one. It felt as though we were on our own private resort. Loved the pool and the hot tub bedroom facilities were outstanding.Room Tip: Excellent accommodations floor or four adult children, spouses and four grandchildrenStayed: June 2017, traveled with family-mark g
Plan to return!
- Other then the baby ring necked snake that payed us a visit Tuesday morning, our week stay was very relaxing & quite! The trails and caves were beautiful, but loved Cedar Falls our favorite. The cabin was awesome and we plan on returning soon!-shellyl813