Hocking Hills Trip Advisor Reviews
We keep going back This particular visit we stayed in Timber Ridge. We stay in the Chalets 2-4x a year. The Chalets have pet friendly cabins also, which has allowed us to avoid boarding costs. The cabins are beautiful, everything looks brand new- the linens are always crisp and fresh and the kitchen is stocked with everything needed to prepare your meals. If you haven’t stayed with The Chalets, book your reservation; it won’t be your only visit. We only live approx. 30 miles from the Hills but when we are there, we feel completely secluded and far from home. This place is our home away from home. Life slows down, we get away from all technology and take time to do the things we don’t take time to do at home: read a good book and paint rocks! More
Old Mans Cave Chalets The Evergreen We stayed at the Evethreen 12/31/18 thru 1/2/19 and eang in the New Year. We can still rave about the friendly staff and the second stay at the Evergreen as the cabin was super clean and cozy. The really high winds New Years Eve was a little crazy but we did not lose power or tv even though they both flickered a couple of times. We will definetly come back this Summer. Lori Sparks and Family
Family, Pets acceptance. We love this place! I have been coming to the Chalets for over 15 years. It is predictable and consistent. I am happy to see that new cook tops and furniture is added over the years. The thing I would like to see is a recliner. Perhaps a future consideration
Beautiful The house was beautiful and very nice inside. The view was amazing. The hot tub was also a nice extra to have. The steps are a little challenging for the fluffy individuals:) The office workers were very pleasant and had a smile the entire time. Looking forward to our next friend get away!
The Falls Cabin We loved our trip to Hocking Hills and The Falls cabin added to a great 2 night trip. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and left on Tuesday morning. The staff at check in were very friendly and efficient. So wonderful to walk into a clean, inviting space. From the gas fireplace to the well equipped kitchen, everything we needed was there. Nice to sit out on the back deck and listen to the falls ( it might be small, but there is one) in the background. The WIFI worked well, beds were nice, hot tub was clean. The only wish I had was for bigger coffee mugs, lol. Loved it and will recommend it to anyone interested in going.
Clean and Cozy We stayed in an A Frame Chalet in mid October. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The cabin was clean and cozy, perfect for the 3 nights we were there. My only complaint was the dorm size refrigerator which we missed in the reservation information. Luckily it was cool outside so we left beverages on the back patio. This is definitely a place for a couple only. Our daughter stayed one night and used the loft. Hot tub was clean. Cabins are very close together, so if your looking for privacy keep that in mind.
Ravine The cabin was beautiful, very open floor plan. The hot tub was clean and ready to go. Bathrooms were spacious and very clean too. I do think that all cabins should have a place to enjoy an outdoor fire. This one has no burn ring. And the coffeemaker was broke and that hurt.. I’m sure they would have ran us out a new one but we were in a hurry . And I’m sure other cabins have burn rings . I just assumed this one would. It’s still 5 stars. Oh and the staff is very friendly and helpful
Secluded Romantic Getaway! The Romance in the Ravine cabin was just as advertised...secluded with wonderful amenities. We spent hours relaxing on the porch overlooking the wooded ravine with nothing but the sounds of nature surrounding us. To further enhance the experience was the absolutely amazing hot tub on the veranda. Inside, the cabin was well equipped with quality utensils/cookware in the full kitchen (bring your own paper towels, napkins and spices); a flat screen TV over the gas fireplace in the living room; and a very comfortable king bed in the loft area. Although we didn’t use it, there was a sauna in the half-bath off the sleeping area. Staff was very helpful and check-in and out was quick and efficient. There are restaurants and plenty of things to do nearby. Cell service is spotty, but there is wi-fi. We thoroughly enjoyed our amazing getaway and look forward to a return visit!
Great week with friends at the Apline Cabin My husband and I have been coming to Hocking Hills since the 80's, but had spent most of those visits in a tent. Sharing our memories of days and trails with friends at the Alpine cabin was a great treat. The cabin was well equipped, beds were comfortable and all was very clean. Management and care takers of the grounds were great to work with and very helpful. We were close to all the places we wanted to visit again as well as shopping. We will be looking for opportunities to come back!Lori E.
Beautiful Place to Stay...can't wait to come back! This was my second time staying with the Chalets in Hocking Hills. My husband and I loved it so much we had to come back a second time! We enjoy traveling in the Fall because that is around our wedding anniversary and the leaves on the trees makes everything so beautiful! We have stayed at Deer Run Cabin both times we stayed. We love Deer Run! The cabin is wonderful, clean, and a very pleasant place to stay. We definitely feel at home! The view from our cabin is gorgeous! Chalets at Hocking Hills is great and I highly recommend them no matter which cabin you stay at! They have a wide selection of lodging! There are A-Frames, Cabins, and Lodges so they can accommodate any group big or small! Thanks so much for a great stay! I am already looking forward to my next stay!
Friends Weekend The Overlook cabin had a good view of the pond on the property, one of the neighbor cabins occupant caught some fish. The cabin is a little small for 6 people. Not enough seating in the living area. Be sure to bring extra towels, since they only provide one per person, unless you take the used ones back to the office in exchange for a clean one.The hot tub was a plus, but still a little small for 6 adults at one time.Overall, we had fun
Big sky lodge Absolutely loved the cabin. It was very clean and the kitchen had everything we needed for a group of sixteen. The views were amazing with plenty of seating on the back porch to just sit and breathe it all in. All in all the experience was fantastic. Would gave given it 5 stars but the pool was closed and the weather on one particular day was very warm.
Family trip to Hocking Hills Have been to Hocking Hills once before an stayed at a couples getaway. This time brought 5 others including 3 teenage grandchildren. Wanted a weekend place that could accomadate 7 of us easily. We stayed at the Oakridge. It was perfect. Very clean, in the middle of beautiful scenery, plus a hot tub that 5 could use at one time. Wanted to take the kids zip lining and hiking through the Old Man’s Cave area. Everything worked out wonderful. The kids didn’t miss their ‘machines’. No internet, no WiFi. We played board games, laughed and had great fun.
Great get away in our little A frame Our little cabin was so perfect. All the comforts of home but more! The cabin was clean and well equipped. Just bring your food, charcoal and beach towels and you are set! The hiking was amazing and ending the day with a soak in the hot tub was fabulous.Recommend the zip lining and canoeing. No outdoor fires which kinda disappointing but We will be back
Lily Pad was awesome!!! We recently returned from our stay at Lily Pad and what can I say - the cabin was amazing! The cabin was clean, nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were large as were the bedrooms, the kitchen was stocked with the essentials and the living room had plenty of space to sprawl about.We loved having a pond right in our front yard; it was stocked with fish and we spent hours fishing in the morning and the evening. The view from the deck was also beautiful. I told my husband I think we found our home away from home, and we plan on coming back next year.My only complaint, and this is by no means the fault of Chalets in Hocking Hills, were our neighbors. On our last night there, both cabins on either side of us had parties. They had loud music going and their voices were very loud and carried across the property. At one point, they were yelling back and forth between each other. The party at Lakeview lasted well into the evening; my sons said they could still hear the music blaring and loud voices, from their bedroom, until 1:30 a.m. Had we not been leaving the next morning, I would have filed a report with the Chalets, as the rules specifically state no parties, loud music and to be mindful of the noise, especially after a certain hour. Again, this is not the Chalets fault, just an observation.We have stayed at other cabins in Hocking Hills in the past, but this is now the only place for us. It was a great place to come and unwind and relax before the guys go back to school. Overall, an awesome place to be!!
Awesome romantic getaway The Outback was the perfect fit for our getaway-secluded,quiet,clean. The hot tub was awesome after an active day of hiking, zip lining, etc. we will definitely be back and it was actually nice to be out of WiFi for 3 days. Life goes on people put your phones down
- This was our first trip to the area and first time we stayed at Old Man's Cave Chalets. We were very happy with our choice. The A-Frames are not secluded from each other, but private enough to not interfere with our spending the weekend of our first wedding anniversary. We brought both of our dogs; the only downfall is that there is an open doorway going off the back deck which made it difficult to confine our dogs without tying them. I would suggest taking a gate or something to place across the door if you have pets. Other than that, the A-Frame was spotlessly clean, very quiet inside, perfectly equipped with the necessary dishes, etc. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Concerning the open doorway off the deck, that's where the hot tub is and it is visible from the A-Frame next door. We had #11 which has nothing on that side but some kind of building for maintenance or something. But if you have a different one, you should bring a towel or something to hang across the doorway to provide privacy while on the deck or in the hot tub. There is a wide variety of attractions in the area to keep anyone in the family entertained. Definitely visit the many trails in the Hocking Hills State Park, all of which are relatively close by. I would definitely stay here again; well worth the cost.Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple-joroberts40
- My friends, husband and I stayed at the Oakridge cabin. It felt like home as soon as we walked in. No sterile hotel room feel. The cabin was clean, from the bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms to the porch. Hot tub was the cleanest I've ever seen (always leery about those). Staff was friendly, and the check in/check out process was a breeze. The only down side was that our particular bedroom didn't have a set of drawers to put our clothes in, stuff on top of, etc. We were essentially living out of our suit cases which were on the floor. Not too much of a hassle though. Enjoyed our stay! Will be back.Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends-864lori
Relaxed and loving it
- This was one of the best trips ever. Nice quiet kinda home away from home. Nice hideaway but close enough to home. Beautiful cabin nice and clean and quiet. Great shopping in the area. Great food. The front desk staff are very helpful and kind. Also the price was great.Room Tip: A frames are perfect for secret hideaways..Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple-marqjones
First family vacation since grandchildren
- We had perfect weather perfect, and accommodations for our first family vacation with four grandchildren under the age of one. It felt as though we were on our own private resort. Loved the pool and the hot tub bedroom facilities were outstanding.Room Tip: Excellent accommodations floor or four adult children, spouses and four grandchildrenStayed: June 2017, traveled with family-mark g
Plan to return!
- Other then the baby ring necked snake that payed us a visit Tuesday morning, our week stay was very relaxing & quite! The trails and caves were beautiful, but loved Cedar Falls our favorite. The cabin was awesome and we plan on returning soon!-shellyl813