Although we still have a bit of snow left in the Hocking Hills, we’re already thinking about spring retreats for those hoping to kick off the sunny season, and a weekend getaway in Ohio’s playground is just the ticket. Given our proximity to Columbus, Ohio, it’s no wonder that so many families, couples, and friend groups choose our neck of the woods for an escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. Within a matter of days, the temperatures will begin their yearly ascension, giving way to several enjoyable things to do in the Hocking Hills for a weekend getaway in Ohio. With so many regional attractions and activities, you may find yourself knee-deep in options. But with help from Chalets in Hocking Hills, you’ll be well on your way to making the most of your weekend retreat.
Weekend Getaway in Ohio: Spring to the Hocking Hills
A weekend getaway in Ohio may not be the first thing that comes to mind when pondering the prospect of a spring retreat. However, you may find yourself surprised at how much fun you can have in the Hocking Hills! With such a robust collection of educational, outdoor, and leisure activities, perhaps the most challenging aspect of your vacation will be deciding how to spend your time! To help you sift through things to do in Hocking Hills for a spring retreat, we put together a fun list of our favorite and most popular activities. Read on to learn more!
Spring Weekend Getaway in Ohio: 10 Hocking Hills Activities
Whether you’re here with your significant other, family, or friends, the Hocking Hills region proves time and again why it has become an elite vacation destination for Ohio residents and beyond. Here are some of our favorite things to do during the spring:
- Hiking in the Hocking Hills can get messy if it’s wet out, but if you’re not afraid of a little mud, then you should check out the various hiking trails in Hocking Hills State Park.
- Antique shops and art galleries throughout the area make an excellent rainy day destination and provide an opportunity to bring home a souvenir.
- Fishing on the various lakes and rivers in the Hocking Hills is something all outdoor enthusiasts should experience, whether they are avid anglers or curious greenhorns. We’ve heard from an inside source that belly boat fishing is the way of the future.
- Zipline adventures from Hocking Hills Canopy Tours are a must-try option for anyone wanting to get their heart pumping while immersing themselves in a beautifully sprawling woodland.
- Rock climbing and rappelling with High Rock Adventures will have you reaching new heights.
- Mountain biking and cycling are excellent ways to get exercise and explore the Hocking Hills backcountry.
- The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway showcases one of the region’s best combinations of education and entertainment.
- The Hocking Hills Winery in Logan, Ohio, is an excellent place for adults to unwind and celebrate the new season.
- Horseback riding with Blue Moon Acres is an ideal time to learn how to ride and a fun adventure for seasoned equine enthusiasts. Did you know Western Horseman Magazine once rated the Hocking Hills as the ninth-best place for horseback riding in the world?!
- Kayaking and canoeing with regional outdoor masters, Hocking Hills Canoe Livery will familiarize you with the Hocking River, the area’s most iconic and recognizable waterway.
Hocking Hills Vacation Rentals near Columbus, Ohio
As you can tell, there are many things to do in the Hocking Hills, but if nothing on our list catches your eye, we suggest taking a look at the upcoming events calendar and local activities page. In the meantime, we invite you to peruse our extensive collection of cabins and chalets awaiting your arrival. For more information or to book your stay, please contact us online or call 740-385-6517.