Hocking Hills Winter Getaway
One of the most endearing qualities of the Hocking Hills is that it maintains its status as an outdoor recreation hotspot throughout the entire year. Although it may not seem like it, winter is just around the corner, and soon the sprawling forests will surrender their colorful showcase of crimson, tangerine, and beige to a bright white blanket of snow. Embracing winter has become a lifestyle for those of us in the Midwest. As autumn fades into the distance, the parks become less frequented, the lakes freeze up, and the snow starts to fly. But don’t let the frigid weather discourage you from the iconic sound of fresh powder crunching beneath your boots or a tranquil mid-morning snowfall. Now is the time to get out the snow pants, stocking caps, and earmuffs to stay warm and make the most of this wonderful time of year.
Things to Do in Hocking Hills this Winter
Chalets at Hocking Hills has an extensive collection of vacation rentals proven to be the perfect home away from home. The plenitude of privacy is one of the most distinguishing factors of a Hocking Hills winter vacation. Even though our treasured region sustains a vibrant community, you’ll have more solitude and seclusion when visiting the local parks and other attractions. Other than locals, and the occasional group of snowmobilers, you probably won’t interact with many people outside of your party. There’s a lot to admire about being the first person to walk through a fresh layer of snow on a cold, sunny morning. To help make your decision easier, curated a list of things to keep you and your loved ones busy in the Hocking Hills.
10 Ways to Enjoy a Hocking Hills Winter
As much as we cherish spring, summer, and fall, winter is a somewhat magical time of year in the Hocking Hills. From winter hikes to retail therapy, there’s plenty of fun to be had in the Hocking Hills this winter.
- Find a property with a hot tub, and have a relaxing soak as many times for as long as you want, but don’t forget to stay hydrated!
- Hiking in winter is a unique experience, and the Hocking Hills has a vast selection of parks and trails. Otherwise, cross country skiing and snowshoeing are other great pastimes for those who enjoy hikes.
- In winter, stargazing is an iconic Hocking Hills winter activity because of the wide-open spaces and lack of light pollution.
- Light up the fire pit and make some s’ mores and hot cocoa.
- Wine tasting at Hocking Hills Winery is a fun way to let loose and enjoy the finer things in life.
- Pamper yourself with a massage from Sol Chi Massage Therapy in Logan.
- Retail therapy is easy to come by thanks to all the great specialty shops, outfitters, and artisans in the area.
- Grab a few sleds and head over to the dam at Lake Hope State Park.\
- Ice skating at Lake Logan State Park is a quintessential winter activity that can be done by yourself, with a partner, or a small group. Maybe you could grab a few sticks and a puck for some hockey?
- Nelsonville, Ohio, is a quaint, historic city that features Star Brick sidewalks and a bevy of attractions and locally owned businesses waiting for you to explore!
The Best Hocking Hills Lodging Options in Ohio
Part of what makes a Hocking Hills winter getaway exceptional is retreating to a warm, cozy cabin after a day of discovery. With a seemingly endless collection of exquisite vacation homes, Chalets at Hocking Hills is Ohio’s premier property rental company. For more information, please visit us online or call 740-385-6517.