Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports To: Crew Lead
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Perform quality cleaning of Chalets cabins to meet required standards within set time limits. Attention to detail, with customer focus. Team work with integrity, honesty and adaptability are essential.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors.
- Vacuum carpets, rugs, upholstery.
- Shampoo carpets, rugs, upholstery and bedding as needed.
- Dust and polish all furniture and fixtures.
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings.
- Empty and clean trash containers, disposing of trash in a sanitary manner.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers, toilet bowls and surrounding areas.
- Wipe down glass surfaces. Clean mirrors.
- Replace dirty linen with clean items.
- Make up beds and change linens as required.
- Clean all reachable windows, both inside and out.
- Restock room supplies such as soaps, shampoos, toilet tissue, trash bags, etc.
- Check all appliances are in working order, including replacing light bulbs.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout.
- Follow all company safety and security procedures.
- Practice safety at all times. This includes wearing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as the job demands, especially gloves.
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards. Observe and report damages to CHALETS property as well as any missing or broken items to the Crew Lead. This also includes maintaining an inventory of any household items that may be missing or needing replaced (i.e. sheets, linens, pots and pans, glass ware, appliances, etc…)
- Report/ turn-in guest lost and found items, while securing any of these items with Crew Lead.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication – The ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics – Using basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time. Reliability.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Educations and/or Experiences:
Mathematical skill needed. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods. Knowledge of operating cleaning equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee needs physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee is occasionally required to balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor or outdoor settings. Varied weather conditions are expected. May work on high or precarious places. Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.