POSITION: Front Desk Clerk – Reservationist
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Guest Service Manager
SKILLS REQUIRED: Written, verbal and grammar skills. Must be computer literate and have cash handling experience.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience in call center (incoming calls) preferred. Previous experience in the hospitality industry.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide consistent professional, courteous, customer service at the front desk. Provide only necessary information required to complete transactions or customer assistance.
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors of the office. Stand, approach, greet and offer your assistance.
- Obtain knowledge of Chalets cabin locations, amenities and rates.
- Answer phones promptly. Be clear in your greeting following the assigned call script.
- Understand and view the www.chaletshh.com website to help guests select the appropriate cabin.
- Use selling techniques to sell what our cabins have to offer.
- Up-sell all cabins and ask for their reservation. Have knowledge of add-on packages that you can also promote to guests.
- Accept and process reservations in a timely manner. Follow through with special notes, arrangements or special requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Properly file reservations, reports and gift certificates.
- Maintain good communications with other departments. (Housekeeping, maintenance).
- Resolve customer issues in a calm, caring manner. Refer customer complaints to Customer Service Manager.
- Your presence at work is required! Be prompt, well groomed in a casual professional appearance. Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Morning/opening procedures are to be done prior to 8:30am. (Refer to A & B Shift Checklist)
- Prior to closing, cash drawers are to be balanced. Secure office for after-hours and immediately take bank deposit to bank.
- Be flexible, you will be required to work any shift needed. If the relief employee is late or does not show up, contact Customer Service Manager. You may be required to work additional hours.
- Be a team player! Use positive language with your co-workers and when referring to the Chalets.
- The above items are a general outline of the duties and responsibilities required of a Call Center Specialist. Other duties may be assigned by Chalets Management.