Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Summary: Maintains the day-to-day operations that includes guest satisfaction as it pertains to maintenance of cabins and to assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Providing a warm welcome to visitors of the office or guest in cabins.
- Assisting Maintenance Manager with all requests.
- Dealing promptly and efficiently with guest complaints.
- Practicing safety at all times.
- Helping with snow removal.
- Performing monthly PM’s such as changing furnace and water filters, adding salt to softners pulling and spraying weeds, using pesticides, etc.
- Cleaning chimneys, ash barrels, and gutters when needed.
- Walking around exterior of properties to ensure nothing needs repaired or cleanup.
- Upon guest check out, removal of any and all trash.
10.Maintenance of all hot tubs and swimming pools. This includes all upkeep, cleaning, and servicing with any chemicals needed. Hot tubs are to be emptied and serviced daily.
11.Cleaning and maintenance of waste station.
12.Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication – The ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when
using Smart Phones and email.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics – Using basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Educations and/or Experiences:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Knowledge of cabin maintenance including hot tubs and pools is a necessity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to lift up to 75 lbs. The employee is also frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.