Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Reports To: Crew Lead
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Responsible for providing a constant supply of clean linens for the entire company of Old Man’s Cave Chalets cabins. Team work with integrity, honesty and adaptability are essential.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of laundry and push heavy carts without assistance.
- Perform tasks such as washing, drying and folding linen according the company quality standards.
- Responsible for sorting items by fabric types and making sure items are washed in the proper machine cycles.
- Follow guidelines for treating and removing stains when required.
- Fold and stack cleaned items on shelving units for further packaging.
- Wrap all laundry per packaging instructions from Crew Lead.
- Keep a daily log of all laundry processed, washed and packaged.
- Clean all lint traps on washers and dryers at end of day or periodically on heavy wash days.
- Load and unload Transit Van with soiled laundry and/or packages for transportation to and from OMCC main office and Heine Road Office.
- Fill and maintain spray bottles with cleaning solution for housekeeping.
- Sweeping and mopping floors periodically, wiping down machines and tables, making sure the bathroom is clean.
- Report any damages to linens to Crew Lead.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communication – The ability to apply common sense. Understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Work in a team environment or alone if necessary. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics – Using basic mathematics.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time. Reliability.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Educations and/or Experiences:
Mathematical skill needed. Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods. Knowledge of operating cleaning equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee regularly needs physical stamina and mobility including ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, lift, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat and risk of shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.